The 1920s, also known as the thundering twenties, is the extended time of explosive inventiveness and creative fashion styles. After the First World War, the monetary prosperity achieved widespread accessibility of high fashion items to almost all walks of life. It was the decade where individuals became intense and trying regarding their fashion styles, forsaking the formal and restricted fashions of the past years. If not for fashion designers from the 1920s, we wouldn’t have laid our hands on timeless fashion items like cloche hats, flapper dresses, and high obeyed shoes. As a recognition of the time’s flourishing fashion game, photos show the excellent women’s street style from the 1920s.
1. Oscar-winning actress Norma Shearer, at the White House, 1929.
2. Lady is balancing posters in Greenwich Village, 1920.
3. Girl and her yo-yo in Berlin, 1928.
4. Spring fashion in Easter, Washington, D.C., 1922.
5. Girls in Harlem, 1927.
6. Stylish ladies in Milan, Italy, 1929.
7. Lady and her canine in Washington, D.C., 1920.
8. Women in dresses by Puttnam, 1920
9. Ladies in dresses by Seeberger Freres.