I tried the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette to Blonde Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment last week, and absolutely loved, loved, loved it! For those of you who don’t know, I bleached my hair blonde last summer. Platinum blonde with Wella T18. It looked great and I loved it. It didn’t look natural, (my eyebrows are brown), but it was a fun look.
Then in December of 2019, I went to a salon to get darker streaks in my hair. It was a fiasco. It took three trips to the salon to make my hair decent-looking. Then, over a period of 4-weeks, my hair turned light again. And not in a good way. This time, my hair had yellow and orange undertones. I used John Frieda Brunette brunette to blonde, brown to blonde, black to blonde, from brunette to blonde, blonde, blonde to brunette, brunette to blonde balayage, black to blonde hair, blonde hair, brunette, brunette to blonde hair, brunette to blonde transformation, going blonde, hair transformation from brunette to blonde, how to go blonde, DIY brunette to blonde, brunette to blond, going brunette to blonde, brunette to blonde at home, at home brunette to blonde, brunette to blonde balayage color treatment to go darker, and the results are amazing!
What I love about the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette to Blonde Color Deepening Treatment
The Brilliant John Frieda Brunette Shampoo Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment gets two thumbs up from me. Seriously. Skip going to the salon to get darker hair, and use the John Frieda color treatment instead. Here are 10 reasons I love the John Frieda conditioning treatment to go from dark blonde to shining brunette.
- It works in one treatment. The proof is in the before and after pictures of the John Frieda go darker treatment (see below). This color treatment works! My hair is noticeably darker after using the Brilliant Brunette treatment.
- It’s super affordable. For less than $10 a bottle, the John Frieda darkening treatment is a steal. Seriously! I used half a bottle to turn my blonde hair light brown. So that’s less than $5. Way, way cheaper than going to a salon to get darker hair.
- It smells great. John Frieda makes great smelling products. Simple as that. I used the John Frieda Sheer Blonde lightening shampoo for years and had the same experience. John Frieda simply has a good smell to it.
- The color is amazing. I’m amazing at the color from the John Frieda go darker treatment. I expected my hair to be slightly fake-looking after using the darkening shampoo. Not at all! The color is great. It looks rich and real and has soft undertones. Not too dramatic at all. Absolutely perfect.
- It’s easy to use. You can’t mess up with this John Frieda color corrector. You get your hair wet, put it on for 5 minutes, and rinse out. You can’t mess it up.
- It works in 5 minutes. I saw results after leaving the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo in my hair for 5 minutes. You can’t beat that!
- It softens hair. I didn’t expect my hair to be softer after using this treatment. Usually, color-correcting treatments leave your hair dry and brittle. Not the John Frieda treatment! After using the color-correcting shampoo, I could easily brush my hair without using a conditioner. Amazing!
- It removes yellow and orange undertones. I had brassiness in my hair color and some unattractive yellow and orange undertones. After using the John Frieda Brunette Shampoo treatment, all those undertones went away. Magic!
- No damage to hair. Unlike going to a salon to dye my hair, which seriously damaged it in December, the John Frieda treatment left my hair feeling stronger – not weaker. No damage at all. The go darker treatment acts as a conditioner, and is ammonia and peroxide-free.
- Easy to find at drugstores. You can buy the John Frieda Brunette Colour Deepening treatment anywhere. I bought mine online at Amazon. You can also find it at Target or drugstores like CVS.
How to turn blonde and light brown hair darker with John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment
It’s easy to follow the instructions for the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment.
1) Wash hair with Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Shampoo. Note that the instructions for the deepening treatment suggest to wash hair first with the John Frieda Brunette shampoo.
I personally skipped this step. I didn’t own the John Frieda deepening shampoo. I also didn’t want to wash my hair first. Yes, that’s right. I didn’t wash my hair with ANY shampoo. I simply went straight to step two and got my hair wet.
2) Massage a generous amount of the John Frieda color treatment evenly through the lengths of wet hair.
I suggest you towel dry your hair before using the John Frieda color treatment. Usually, you need to use color treatments on DRY hair to make it work, so I was surprised to learn that the John Frieda color treatment called for WET hair. To ensure the treatment works, I’d recommend towel drying your hair before using the Visibly Deeper color deepening treatment.
3) Leave treatment on hair for 5 minutes.
I left the treatment on my hair for 5 minutes and saw results. For deeper color, you can leave on up to 10 minutes.
4) Rinse treatment out of hair.
This step is simple. No additional explanation needed.
I personally didn’t use a conditioner after using the treatment, and the instructions didn’t call for it. The color treatment works in place of a conditioner, so it hydrates your hair.
5) Repeat treatment as needed.
Use the color darkening treatment by John Frieda as needed. You will likely need to use it every week.
Enjoying reading about Brilliant Brunette to Blonde Make My Hair Darker. May you also like to read about: Top 5 Best Product to Define Curls
Before and after pictures of John Frieda Colour Deepening Treatment
Now here’s the part you all are waiting for…the before and after pictures! Your wish has been granted to see the results. See before and after pics of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment to go darker below.
Before pics – blonde, brassy hair with orange and yellow undertones
After pics – darker hair with rich hues of light brown
As you can see, the John Frieda treatment offers a surge of deeper, darker color in one use. I’m loving it!